The Future, Our Business
As a school we are aspirational, empowering, creative, courageous, innovative , motivated, compassionate and respectful.
We have integrity, openness, honesty, accountability and unbounded ambition.
Stowmarket High School strives to be a community school of exceptional standards and quality, enabling students and staff to reach their full potential.
- Raise students’ achievement and attainment
- Continually improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Develop leadership and management skills, with a particular focus on outcomes
- Connect quality classroom learning to the world beyond our gates
- Foster the values of respect, teamwork, discipline, enjoyment and sportsmanship
- Build strength, experience and capacity through strong partnerships, one of the most important being with parents and carers
In more detail
From whatever their starting point, we want our learners to make exceptional progress, fuelled by their own self belief, determination, and our ambitious mindset.
A creative, enriching and demanding curriculum. Efficient in design and flexible enough to meet the needs of a diverse population.
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
We constantly strive to understand what influences substantial and sustained learning experiences, such as reading and literacy, and we work collectively to ensure this has meaningful impact in classrooms every day.
Leadership and Management
We intend to continue to build a school community where high quality leadership thrives, in the process driving greater rates of improvement and accomplishing our goals.
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
Respect, teamwork, discipline, enjoyment, sportsmanship and safety are explicitly taught, demonstrated and valued in all aspects of school life.
We continually seek to grow our skills, knowledge and understanding through establishing and developing a range of partnerships.