Stowmarket High School fully recognises the contribution it can make to protect children and support students in school. There are five main elements to how we work:
- Ensuring we practise safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
- Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
- Supporting students who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed child protection plan.
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
Designated Safeguarding Lead - Ms Claire Ferguson
Alternative Safeguarding Lead - Mrs Jane Allen
Online Safety Lead - Mr Andrew Wright
Safeguarding Governor Lead - Mr Jon Brighton
PREVENT Governor Lead - Mr Jon Brighton
Parents’ Safeguarding Bulletins
Throughout the year we will add a parent safeguarding bulletin to this page which will highlight topical issues facing students in school. The bulletins can be downloaded below.
1. 24/7 help, advice and support http://www.nspcc.org.uk/
2. Provides a confidential telephone helpline offering emotional support to any individual on any issue http://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/index.php
3. Advice for parents, professionals and young people on the signs of sexual exploitation and how to keep safe http://www.barnardos.org.uk/spotthesigns
4. Friendly, confidential drugs advice http://www.talktofrank.com/
5. Practical safeguarding advice for parents and carers. Protect your children from harm http://www.safenetwork.org.uk/
6. Find the latest information on the sites you like to visit, mobiles and new technology. Find out what’s good, what’s not and what you can do about it http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
7. Your advice, help and report centre http://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
8. Information on a variety of online resources to help keep children safe online http://www.kidsmart.org.uk/